Many things happen in the world that seem like disasters, for example, an avalanche kills several people and injures many others. But what matters is the effect that it had on the minds of the ones killed or injured, and there is no way to know this. Jesus says in A Course in Miracles that nothing happens to us without our consent
at some level of our mind and that the true purpose of what happens is to be an aid (or catalyst) in the healing of our minds. This process of healing (called Atonement) does not have to involve what appears to us as disasters. If the Holy Spirit (or Jesus) is taken as your daily guide and director, your life can consist of gentle lessons of learning. However, there are some subtleties to be aware of. For example, harboring thoughts of fear or anger in your mind serves as an internal indicator that you want more of the same in your experiences to come. Releasing such unwanted feelings may not be simple but the purpose of A Course in Miracles is removing the blocks and barriers to your awareness of love’s presence in your mind (as stated in its Introduction).
Everything said in this video is based on the teachings of A Course in Miracles.
Visit our Miracle Publishers Bookstore to see the full collection of books on this subject:
- A Basic Guide to Miracles (available as an audio book as well as a paperback book)
- A Practical Guide to A Course in Miracles, Volumes I, II and III.
- A Non-Traditional Approach to A Course in Miracles
- Of Miracles and Threads of Time
- The Text of A Course in Miracles, Condensed and Highlighted, Chapter by Chapter
- The Union of The Law of One and A Course in Miracles